Monday, February 1, 2016

Mt Macpherson (almost)

Traditionally Caroline and I try to celebrate our anniversary on the summit of something.  Something impressive.  I'm not sure we have ever actually succeeded (I'll blame typical late January BC weather), but we definitely have good stories from each attempt.

We had a great day out on Mt Macpherson this past weekend, heading up towards the Burnt knob and then continuing towards the summit.  We ended up turning back on the final bench when we started seeing some reactive slabs, but the ski down was untouched and some of the best powder I've had all winter.  With current conditions, I highly recommend this route - I'm not sure The Fingers will be in great shape with their exposure until there is more snow.

2016-01-31 15.44.14

2016-01-31 14.46.07

2016-01-31 16.03.42-1

No comments:

Post a Comment