Monday, March 23, 2015

Ken Jones Classic

The last race of the season was a beautiful thing.  In the sense that it went well for me, but also in the literal sense - gorgeous weather, great course layout and even fresh powder on race day.




The start was well populated, with a 4-strong "team Dynafit" the row behind team Canada.




The first climb hurt.  Two weeks before the race I got one good workout in, but the week on the whole was unintentionally easy.  Almost a rest week.  The week before the race I spent in Quebec eating poutine and drinking beer, which is not my usual pre-race nutrition and athletic plan.  This was the first race I have had where I felt better and better as it progressed.




Not bad terrain.




The course layout was really spectacular, especially the first half.  The switchbacks in the open air were a nice change from the woods.




Caroline sandbagged it again, with Lori right behind her.  I came in 18 minutes behind 1st and 11 minutes behind 2nd, which I am happy with.  The other races this year have been "exploding skins" or "skiing off course"... now it is just "get faster".  Which is OK.




Til next season.


No comments:

Post a Comment